wHERE WE FLY
Lasham Gliding Society is now one of the largest gliding clubs in the world.
The airfield was completed in 1942. Several different types of aircraft were based at Lasham during World War Two.
The club originally occupied one of the hangars now used by ATC. Lasham Gliding Society was established in 1959 and later signed a long lease on the airfield from the Ministry of Defence.In 1999 Lasham Gliding Society (LGS) completed the purchase from the Ministry of Defence of the freehold to the airfield, making the final payment in 2001. It now owns all of the land within the fenced and gated area as well as the fields that form the undershoot area at each end of the main runway.
Lasham Gliding Society is now one of the largest gliding clubs in the
world. Over 220 gliders are based at the airfield. The airfield is in
constant use throughout the year and regularly hosts national and
regional gliding championships.